The Kids, Incorporated Tackle Football program is open to fourth, fifth, and sixth graders. A fourth grader cannot turn 11 years of age on or before November 1; a fifth grader cannot turn 12 years of age on or before November 1; and a sixth grader cannot turn 13 years of age on or before November 1. Games are played at the middle schools and city parks on Saturdays and Sunday afternoons.
The fee for tackle football is $98, which includes:
- a jersey for the player to keep (participants must wear the official Kids, Incorporated jersey in order to be eligible to participate in each game)
- a year-end individual award
- eight league games
- paid officials
Kids, Incorporated provides each child with a helmet, shoulder pads, and pants with pads, all of which are to be returned as soon as the season ends. Mouthpieces will also be issued, however, we won't need these back! Once a team has a total of 15 paid players (complete with signed parent waivers), the coach may submit the team roster to our office and signup for an equipment checkout time.
For safety reasons, Kids, Incorporated implements a restricted position policy for its tackle football program. Players will be weighed one time only.
Restricted players may not:
- Play the quarterback, running back, or receiver position on offense.
- Line up in the nose-guard position on defense (head-up over the center)
- May not advance the ball (except in the case of a fumble or an interception)
Restricted players will be allowed to participate on the punt team, punt return team, kickoff team, and kick return teams, but may not advance the ball (except in the case of a fumble).
The restricted position policy applies to players as follows:
- 4th grade, 111 lbs & up
- 5th grade, 121 lbs & up
- 6th grade, 131 lbs & up
Rules of Play
Click here to view rules for Tackle Football.
Click here to view payment options.